Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: parse error not detected on unterminated quote

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: parse error not detected on unterminated quote
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
At 16:31 +0300 on 30/06/1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> And seems to be:
>
> postgres=> select * from mytable' where id = 1234;
> postgres'> '
> postgres-> ;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"
> postgres=>
>
> This is on a RH5.2 system with with the cvs distribution of Postgres
> (rather than v6.5 exactly). But the parsing behavior should be the
> same. I'm not sure what could be different in our installations...

In psql, it will probably never be a problem, because it demands that you
close the quotation mark (that "postgres'>" prompt). It doesn't send
anything to the backend until you have closed the quotation and type \g or
';'.

But what happens if the above query is sent through one of the other
interfaces, like pqlib?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.